We already feel the heat and it isn't even summer yet!
Are you spending days and nights wondering what to do to cool yourself down and feel comfortable?
Have you caught yourself opening the freezer looking for that last saviour of ice cream and ended up disappointed when you realised you ate the last of it a few nights ago?
Want to impress your guests for that fancy dinner party?
If you answered yes to one of those questions, do not worry! We can help you with this best and tastiest of recipes: chocolate & cookies ice cream.
No, you don't need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Yessss, I know. Now you will be able to make your own ice cream without spending a fortune.
Also, making your own ice cream you know exactly which ingredients are going in.
What you will need for your chocolate & cookies ice cream:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (395g)
- 1 cup chocolate powder
- 500 ml milk
- 395 ml thickened cream
- 1 sachet gelling powder (no flavour)
- 140 ml warm filtered water
- 2 pkt cookies of your choice
1) In a blender, add the milk, sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate powder and blend it until you get a homogeneous mixture.
2) Dissolve the gelling powder in the warm filtered water and add it in the blender. Blend it for an additional 2 minutes.
3) Pour the mixture into a container with lid and freeze it for approximately 3 hours, or until it starts crystallising.
4) Add the frozen mixture into a mixer for 15 minutes. Chop the cookies and add them into the mixture and slow mix everything.
5) Pour again the mixture into the same container with lid and leave in the freezer until the next day.
Now you should be able to enjoy your delicious homemade chocolate & cookies ice cream.
Enjoy and see you soon!
Feel free to share your ideas, photos and make suggestions through our Facebook or Instagram page.